Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Rocking Answer to Prayer


With little Kaiden on the way, Becca wanted a rocking chair. She had been talking about one for months. However, being quite frugal (like her mother - that's me) she was unwilling to pay over a hundred dollars for one. God knows the desires of our hearts and a rocking chair was certainly one of Becca's desire. I remembered how much I had enjoyed and cherished those quiet, special times of sitting in my rocking chair and rocking my babies. (I still enjoy my rocking chair even though all the babies are grown, gone, and having babies of their own now.) Knowing how much Becca wanted a rocker, I started praying about it.

A week before Kaiden was born, we were in Michael's. My son, Eli, saw a $34.99 wooden rocking chair (some assembly required) on sale for $23.99. On getting to check-out with it, the register rang it up at $7.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not being one to question miracles, we did not argue about the price. The rocking chair was bought, assembled, and stained. Total cost..............least than $15 . Isn't it amazing that our wonderful God cares so much about us that He is even interested in the small details of our lives!

Wanted to share a photo of the rocking chair with you. The lap afghan draped over the rocker is made of variegated yarn (color is Earth and Sky) done in triple stitch crochet.

Blessings

23 comments:

Paula said...

Awesome rocker, but what a great price. Can't beat that.

Karen Roper said...

Isn't it amazing how God blesses us even in the little things :)

No, you don't know me yet. I popped in because I saw your comment over at PEA'S corner. I saw that you were from Costa Rica.

Our family visited a native missionary in '95 and my son went back this past summer for another mission trip. Beautiful country, wonderful people!!

I really enjoyed a quick look at your blog. Congrats on your new grandson Kaiden! I have a new granddaughter too. Elora is 6 weeks old.

Stop by when you get the chance :)
~karen

Contessa Kris said...

I love your rocker! I've been wanting one too. My kids are growing up but rocking, even alone, is highly underrated. Very calming.

Wanted to say thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment. It's always nice to meet new people. Come back again soon! I'm having 2 weeks of blog giveaways right now.

Juliana said...

What a wonderful story of God's blessing!

mommyofmany said...

Praise the Lord! His timing and provision are always perfect!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

How wonderful! The rocker is beautiful and WOW you can't beat the price!! I'm sure your daughter and new grandbaby will LOVE it!

Marly said...

Kathie, I'm so glad you stopped by! After reading your first page here, I can tell that I already like you. ;) And that little Kaiden is darling - congratulations!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, that's a great deal on that rocking chair, I'm sure it'll bring hours of comfort.

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. Are you a missionary in Costa Rica now?

So glad to meet you and I'll be back!

Maude Lynn said...

I'm so glad that you were able to find a reasonably priced rocker. Rocking a baby is so special and not to be missed!

Steve and Eden said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

How perfect! That is amazingly cheap! Yippee for perfect timing. :)

Jenn said...

What a lovely story and a beautiful chair!

Alyssa said...

It meant so much that you stopped by my blog! And I love hearing about God's faithfulness in the little things, which often gets overlooked. What a sweet memory your daughter will have every time she sits in her much-desired rocker.

Ginny said...

What a great rocker at a great price!

Rhonda Gibson said...

Love the rocker! God is good to supply.

Mike Golch said...

what a great rocker, and the price cannot be beat. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hugs and God's Blessing to you.

Pak Idrus said...

Good furniture always try to find its owner and it has found it in you, so enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hey hun. Its Shannon here from God Gave Me You, I have pictures up of Tristans big boy bed. If you had subscribed to my feed in the past please come back and resubscribe as I have changed things around.

WHAT A GREAT DEAL TOO!
Every Mom has to have a rocker.

Kristy said...

What a wonderful post! I LOVE this rocker, and this story.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and your sweet words.
Now, as far as that sweet new grandbaby of yours; PRECIOUS.
Just yummy.
Blessings ~

Linda said...

Wow!! What a blessing!! I love the rocker and the afghan

Lydia said...

Beautiful story and beautifully told, a beautifully photographed presentation of a beautifully assembled and stained rocker warmed by a beautifully crocheted afghan. :)

Rita said...

Answered prayers!!
What a wonderful place to cuddle a new baby! :)

Katy said...

What a beautiful rocking chair at such an AWESOME price!!!

Thank you so much for stopping over and visiting and commenting at my blog!!!! It is sooo appreciated! :)