Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Searching the Scripture

Lesson 10 The Relationship of the SON to the FATHER

Part 2

JESUS CHRIST as man is subordinated to the FATHER

When JESUS CHRIST became man HE voluntarily took a lower position. This position was one of humility and obedience to GOD the FATHER.

John 14:2 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater
than I.
JESUS the human is speaking to GOD eternal.
When JESUS was conceived of the HOLY SPIRIT, CHRIST entered into a new relationship with GOD.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Here JESUS is referred to as the “only begotten SON”. This was prophesied in Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

The begetting of JESUS does not refer to the origin of the eternal GOD, the LORD JESUS. As GOD, HE was never born. HE has always existed.
Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this
.

The begetting refers to what happened in the book of Luke when the HOLY SPIRIT came upon the Virgin Mary and the human JESUS was conceived.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Let´s take a look at the ways in which the SON was subordinated to the FATHER.

1. JESUS lived because of the FATHER
John 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
The FATHER sustained the SON.

2. JESUS couldn´t do anything without the FATHER.
John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

3. JESUS was sent by the FATHER.
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

4. The Father gave authority and direction to the SON.
John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

5.JESUS received HIS messages from the FATHER.
John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

6. The FATHER gave the SON specific work to accomplish.
John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

7. The FATHER assigned a kingdom to the SON.
Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

8. During the present Church age, JESUS is subjected to the HEADSHIP of the FATHER.
II Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

9. CHRIST became the way by which men could approach GOD.
Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

10. JESUS became the way to GOD, to salvation. HE is the only WAY.
John14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

11. JESUS referred to the FATHER as “My GOD”


How long with the subservience of CHRIST last?

Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
The FATHER gave the SON a kingdom. It is clear that the SON will return it to HIS FATHER.
The time of subordination goes beyond the consummation of this present age and even beyond the Great White Throne Judgment.

I Corinthians 15:17-18 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

There is no conflict here if we understand the Scripture as they should be understood. The pre-incarnate CHRIST is and will forever be equal to GOD the FATHER.

1 comment:

Adam Pastor said...

Greetings Kathie Nolasco

The reason why many teach that JESUS is the son of God, and that HE is not GOD;is because that is exactly what the Bible teaches.

Jesus himself identified his Father
as the only true GOD & the only GOD[John 17.3, 5.44]
And the early church concurred with their Master:
(1 Cor 8:4) ... that there is none other God but one.
(1 Cor 8:6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, ...

Therefore ...
(1 Tim 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;So there is ONE GOD, the Father.
The Lord Jesus the Messiah is the ONE GOD's Son,
the Son of the Father.
[1 Cor 8.6, 2 John 3]
Concerning Part 1:Jesus never had what you have coined a "pre-incarnate state".
Because his genesis (beginning) [Matt 1.18] was in the womb of his mother Mary.

Philippians 2:5-8 does not speak of (pre-)incarnation.
Please see: Adam Christology, Pre-existence & The Philippian Hymn

John 5.18 is a record of the accusations made by Jesus' enemies; whilst Jesus responded:
(John 5:19) Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Jesus clearly declared his inequality with GOD.

If John 10.30 meant that Christ was equal to GOD, then, the disciples are also equal to GOD!?!Because Jesus said:
(John 17:21-22) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:Hopefully Kathie, by looking at John 17; you can now see what Jesus meant in being one with the Father.(Let's not make the same mistake of Jesus' enemies!)

CHRIST is the visible reflection of the invisible GOD. Amen!
However, a reflection is not the same as the one being reflected!
Your reflection is not you! It is a reflection OF YOU!
Likewise, Jesus is not GOD;
but rather GOD's image [2 Cor 4.4]; His reflection,
His perfect Representation/Representative.


John 10.33 ... JESUS was trying to prove to them that HE was GOD, but they refused to believe.NO KATHIE! Let's listen to what Jesus actually said!
(John 10:36) Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?Jesus rather was trying to prove to them that he was the Son OF GOD!!Which incidentally was the purpose of John's writings:
(John 20:31) But these are written, that ye might believe
that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God;and that believing ye might have life through his name.


Concerning Part 2:Jesus the Son of GOD will forever be subservient to the ONE GOD his Father:
(1 Cor 15:28) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.In regards to the rest of the verses from Part 1, including Philippians 2:5-6, John 17:5, John 1:1, etc.
I recommend this video:
The Human Jesus


Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you in your quest for truth.

Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor