Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Searching the Scripture

Lesson 15 The Commands of CHRIST

Part 2

In Part 1 of this lesson we looked at the first 3 commands of CHRIST: repentance, belief, and new birth. Let´s continue with the fourth command.

4. Receiving the HOLY GHOST

Each and every Christian is to be indwelt and empowered by the HOLY SPIRIT. At the moment of conversion, the Christian receives the HOLY SPIRIT and is there after indwelt by the SPIRIT. The HOLY SPIRIT does not come and go. HE abides with the Christian continually.

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

5. Following JESUS

The believer, the Christian, has no choice. If one is truly a Christian he will follow JESUS.

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

6. Prayer

The life of a Christian is to be characterized by prayer. The Christian who prays little, does little for the Kingdom of GOD. The Christian who prays much, seeking GOD in every aspect of life, does much for the Kingdom of GOD.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Luke 22:40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

No comments: