Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lyvi´s Fairy Quilt - Block 1

I am working on a full size quilt for grand daughter Olyvia who will be 3 in April. She loves fairies. The quilt will have 24 blocks with fairies. Haven´t decided how I will set them together yet. I plan to hand quilt this one. The method I am using is called the crayon method. The drawing is done with a permanent black Sharpie and then I use crayons to add the color. After each block is finished the block is pressed with a very hot iron using waxed paper. The wax on the paper seals the crayon into the fabric, making it permanent. It can then be washed many times without losing the color. Only 23 blocks to go!



2 comments:

The Osborne's said...

That looks very pretty. I can't wait to see how the quilt turns out. See you soon!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Oh how pretty....and so precious. I know she will love it! I want to see the finished product.