Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Searching the Scripture

Lesson 4 The TRINITY

Part 3

In this final part of Lesson 4 we will be doing a true Scripture search as we complete our look at the TRINITY and the attributes of GOD.

1. Eternal

GOD the FATHER

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

GOD the SON

Revelation 1: 8 and 17 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

2. Omnipotent

GOD the FATHER

I Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

GOD the SON

II Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

3. Omniscient

GOD the FATHER

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

GOD the SON

Revelation 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

I Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

4. Omnipresent

GOD the FATHER

Jeremiah 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

GOD the SON

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

Psalm 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

5. Holiness

GOD the FATHER

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

GOD the SON

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

6. Truth

GOD the FATHER

John 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

GOD the SON

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

I John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7. Benevolent

GOD the FATHER

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

GOD the SON

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

Nehemiah 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.

8. Communion

GOD the FATHER

I John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

GOD the SON

I John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

GOD the HOLY SPIRIT

II Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

IF we cannot fully understand the doctrine of the TRINITY, we should not be troubled. Let me share a quote with you about this:
“He who would try to understand the Trinity fully will lose his mind. But he who would deny the Trinity will lose his soul.” . Lindsell and Woodbridge

The TRINITY is a mystery and will remain a mystery until we meet the LORD in glory. However, this does not mean we cannot believe it. We must believe it. GOD is very different from us. HE is SPIRIT and we are human beings. Personally I feel that GOD is honored and pleased by our believing this doctrine. It is an act of faith.

Man is also a tripartite being - body, soul, and spirit - for we are made in the image and likeness of GOD. Let us worship this great and one true GOD WHO is so superior to us. Let us give thanks to each member of the TRINITY - the FATHER, the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT (GHOST) - for all that THEY have personally done for us.

No comments: